ICT brings ubiquitous connectivity and information access that provides us with innovative solutions to address societal megatrends. In today’s digital age, ICT has deeply penetrated and embedded itself into every area of our society, especially in schools.
Do you possess technical expertise in information technology? Are you keen on making a difference in the future of today’s youth? We are looking for an ICT Advocator to integrate ICT into teaching and learning, and to spearhead collaborative and continuous learning culture within all schools. You should be familiar with networking systems, be IT savvy, and be able to pick up new software quickly.
For this position, you will be seconded to work in an MOE School.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and execute programmes and activities and quality assurance according to the ICT Plan
- Conduct and ensure the quality of software training conducted for students in school in applications such as Microsoft Office, as well as IT CCA in school
- Oversee and train students in the preparation of various ICT related competitions
- Support and conduct special projects training for students that school embarks on
- Identify areas for improvement and provide solutions
- Vendor Management
- Verify and review the agreement with vendors to ensure compliance with the school’s policies
- Purchase ICT Equipment & Services based on school requirements, such as through bulk tenders, calling tenders and quotations
- ICT/ Multimedia Support
- Manage IT project and data management of the school
- Update and upload of contents on the school website, which may involve the creation of flash animation using the photos provided
- Assisting in events such as in the areas of photography and videography
- Document Control
- Maintain ICT document filing system and data quality check
- Plan and allocate tasks for the ICT department
- Provide ICT administrative support and other duties as required
- Diploma in IT, Visual Communication, Digital and Interactive Media, Visual Communication or equivalent
- Preferably registered with Ministry of Education
- At least 1 year of experience working in a school environment or related position
- IT savvy and able to pick up new software very quickly
- Good knowledge of networking system including the wireless will be an added advantage
- Possess ICT contract, vendor and project management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, proactive with good working attitudes
- Self-starter, ability to multitask and work both independently and as a team
- Positive and able to drive team to achieve desired quality standards
- Candidates without working experience are welcomed
MOE has introduced the Coding Enrichment classes where as an ICT Trainer/ Executive, you will be heavily involved in moulding the future of the nation. You will equip students with IT skillsets like computational thinking and problem-based learning through basic coding. Also, you will be tasked with coming up with the materials and providing assistance for Home-Based Learning and the Personalised Digital Learning Programme (PDLP), where you will ensure students employ technology even more purposefully to enhance their learning interactions, enabling them to learn actively in independent as well as collaborative settings, both within and outside of their classrooms.