As a Software QA Engineer, you have to provide software quality assurance support via objective evaluation on the adherence of processes and software configuration audit of Information Services Group’s (ISG’s) application systems. You are expected to be involved in multiple projects, including compilation and analysis of process statistics for presentations and reports. The job will involve understanding and application of ISG’s documented processes, CMMI principles, Quality Management Systems and software quality principles.
- Plan and schedule software quality assurance evaluation and software configuration audits throughout the IT project life-cycle.
- Based on historical quality data, to work with Project Leader to establish the Software Quality and Configuration Management Plan (SQCMP) and tailor processes to meet the objectives and constraint of the project.
- Carry out deskchecks and objectively evaluate performed processes and work products against applicable application development/maintenance processes and quality management principles.
- Carry out deskchecks and conduct software configuration audit to ascertain the integrity of configuration baselines and changes to the application system.
- Identify and record opportunities for improvement during the software quality assurance activities.
- Develop, maintain and improve software quality assurance evaluation checklists and software configuration checklists.
- Communicate and clarify recorded evaluation results with the project team and ensure quality and non-compliance issues are resolved.
- Analyse evaluation results and report results to management on quality issues, good practices and proposed improvement actions.
- Analyze data and compile statistical reports on software processes at the organisation level eg software quality assurance evaluation, peer reviews, testing etc
- Provide support on usage queries of application systems related to software quality assurance that are administered by the Quality Management Section of the Information Services Group
- Update user manuals and conduct user-acceptance testing for changes made to the supporting application systems
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) or in a software environment that is CMMI or ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Possess the experience in the following or related areas:
- Develop software quality plan, software configuration management plan and tailoring of processes for IT projects
- Develop checklists for the evaluation and audit of software processes and work products
- Evaluate and audit of performed software processes and work products to assess compliance with applicable standards and procedures
- (Note: Personnel must have previous working experience in auditing of software quality and processes)
- Conduct of software configuration audit
- Analyse observations, findings and trends
- Identify good practices and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Communicate quality and non-compliance issues, good practices and suggestions for improvement
- Possess the knowledge and skills on Software Process Compliance audit and Software Configuration audit
- Familiar with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Development, Quality Management Systems and software quality principles
- Familiar with software development life cycles (e.g. Waterfall and Agile using Scrum) and its related processes. Have the ability to understand application system functions and its usage through the application system documents
- Familiar with software and tools such as MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Lotus Notes, JIRA, GitLab, Bitbucket, Confluence.
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Auditing skills, customer-centric